2 Days | Starting at $484
Travel from San Francisco to Los Angeles by train and motor coach with the fabulous Monterey Sea & Land tour of the California coastline.
Monterey Sea and Land:
• Single – $484
• Double – $726
• Triple – $891
• Child (Age 5 to 11 – sharing a room with one or more adults) – $187
Note: Your booking is being sent to our partnered tour operator. Once the availability for this trip is confirmed, you will receive additional email confirmation. If there is no availability for your request, you will receive a full refund.
• Coach and train transportation from SF to LA
• A narrated tour to the lovely coastal city of Monterey
• 17 Mile Drive entrance fee
• One night’s accommodations
• Taxi transfer to the Salinas train station
Day 1 of your adventure, they’ll pick you up from just about any hotel in central San Francisco beginning at 8:15 a.m. From there, they’ll take you to the motor coach departure point and you’ll head out along the San Andreas Fault to Half Moon Bay and the legendary Pacific Coast Highway to Santa Cruz. Don’t forget your camera! You’ll enjoy stunning ocean vistas during this portion of the trip.
By midday, you’ll arrive in Monterey, considered by many to be California’s most beautiful city. After a tour of historic Cannery Row, you’ll be free to explore on your own before continuing your coach trip down 17 Mile Drive, lined with luxurious mansions and unforgettable coastal scenery.
After a stop at Pebble Beach, you’ll continue to idyllic Carmel by the Sea, where you’ll enjoy another hour of free time before continuing to your hotel. You will arrive at the Bay Park Hotel by 5:30 p.m.
Day 1 stops include one-hour pauses at:
• Pacific Grove
• 17 Mile Drive
• Pebble Beach
• Carmel by the Sea
After arriving at your hotel, you’re free to spend your evening however you like.
Day 2 of your trip gets started at 10:15 a.m., allowing you plenty of time to spend a relaxing morning having breakfast at the hotel or enjoying a walk. When you’re ready to depart, you’ll be taken to Salinas Train Station by Sal’s taxi (prepaid). This 30-minute journey ends with you boarding an Amtrak train bound for historic Union Station in Los Angeles.
During the train journey to Los Angeles, you’ll enjoy fabulous sights including:
• Salinas Valley, the heart of Monterey County’s beautiful agricultural region
• The placid Salinas River
• California’s calm rural regions, including tranquil farmer’s fields, quaint cottages, and charming small towns
• Miles and miles of newly planted vineyards outside King City
• The oil fields and military installations of Camp Roberts
• Historic Paso Robles, known for its soothing hot springs and prolific wineries
• The upward slant of Cuesta Grade as you head into the highlands
• Returning to sea level, you’ll cruise through San Luis Obispo, one of California’s most popular coastal cities
• An ocean view at Pismo Beach
From Pismo Beach, your train will turn south, heading towards the glamorous splendor of Los Angeles. During this portion of the journey, you’ll enjoy some of the most amazing views of the entire trip, including breathtaking vistas of the majestic Pacific Ocean through the exclusive beach community of Santa Barbara and Oxnard.
Around 6:00 p.m., the train turns inland, whisking you past miles and miles of orange groves before heading through Fillmore, Simi Valley, and Glendale. Arrival at Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles is scheduled for 9:00 p.m.
• You will have to arrange your own transportation from Union Station in Los Angeles to your final destination. Taxis to locations in Downtown L.A. cost about $20 from the station. If you’re heading to Hollywood, West Hollywood, or West Los Angeles, budget about $40 to $50 for taxi transportation.
• You can also travel further south on additional trains from Union Station. The Surfliner reaches Anaheim at 10:51 p.m., San Juan Capistrano at 11:25 a.m., and San Diego at 12:50 a.m.
• Please note that this is not a group tour. It is an independent trip using local sightseeing companies and Amtrak trains. You are not part of a travel group and you will not be accompanied by a tour guide.
• We require that you make your reservation at least 3 business days in advance of your planned departure date, but it is best to book as early as possible to guarantee availability. We strive to confirm reservations within 2 to 5 business days, but it may take longer if you book several weeks or months in advance. Feel free to call us at any time if you have questions about your reservation.
• This trip departs year-round from San Francisco on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
We offer sightseeing excursions and guided tours that highlight everything from LA’s most iconic sights to forgotten chapters of the city’s captivating past.
We also offer multilingual tours of Los Angeles attractions, excursions to movie studios and local theme parks, and beach tours that shine a spotlight on the city’s spectacular Pacific coastline.