2 Days | Starting at $484
Join us on a fantastic LA to SF sightseeing adventure, including a tour of beautiful Monterey.
2 Days / 1 Night (Los Angeles to San Francisco, AMTRAK from Los Angeles or Anaheim through Santa Barbara and Salinas Valley plus Monterey Sightseeing Tour)
Monterey by Rail and Wheels:
• Single – $484
• Double – $726
• Triple – $891
• Child (Age 5 to 11 – sharing a room with one or more adults) – $187
Note: Your booking is being sent to our partnered tour operator. Once the availability for this trip is confirmed, you will receive additional email confirmation. If there is no availability for your request, you will receive a full refund.
• Tickets aboard an Amtrak train from Los Angeles or Anaheim through Santa Barbara and Salinas Valley
• One night accommodation
• Motor coach tour of the Monterey Peninsula
• Fee for 17 Mile Drive
• Motor coach transportation from Monterey to San Francisco
Day 1, your trip begins with an 8:07 a.m. departure from Anaheim or a 10:15 a.m. departure from Los Angeles aboard an Amtrak train, which takes you through the scenic orange groves and greenhouses of Simi Valley and Fillmore. Hugging the breathtaking Pacific coast, the train continues through Santa Barbara, turning north at Goleta past Vandenberg Space Station to beautiful Pismo Beach.
During the northbound journey, you will wind your way through vineyards, strawberry fields, placid pastures and landscaped horse ranches to Monterey County, meeting the agricultural lands that extend along the Salinas River. Upon reaching Salinas, a car transfer will whisk you past the scenic expanses and exclusive golf courses that line Monterey Bay en route to the Bay Park Hotel. Your arrival time at the hotel is scheduled for approximately 7:15 p.m.
Day 2, you’ll have the morning free to enjoy the luxuries and conveniences of the Bay Park Hotel before meeting the SF Gray Line Tours motor coach at 12:30 p.m. During the afternoon, you’ll enjoy an in-depth tour of the Monterey area, widely considered one of California’s most beautiful cities. The tour includes:
• Visits to Cannery Row and Pacific Grove
• A leisurely cruise down beautiful 17 Mile Drive
• A trip through exclusive Pebble Beach
• A shopping stopover in the enchanting town of Carmel by the Sea
At about 4:00 p.m., the coach heads up Highway 101, bound for the bright lights of Silicon Valley and San Francisco. You’ll arrive in San Francisco at about 7:30 p.m., and the crew will provide a courtesy transfer to your hotel.
• This is not a group tour. It is an independent trip offered in cooperation with local sightseeing companies. The actual tour portion of the trip is limited to your guided visit to Monterey and the surrounding area.
• We require that you book at least 3 business days in advance of your intended departure date, but it is best to book as early as possible to guarantee availability. These bookings are normally confirmed within 2 to 5 business days, but may take longer if the date is several weeks or months away.
•Departures from L.A. and Anaheim are available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
We offer sightseeing excursions and guided tours that highlight everything from LA’s most iconic sights to forgotten chapters of the city’s captivating past.
We also offer multilingual tours of Los Angeles attractions, excursions to movie studios and local theme parks, and beach tours that shine a spotlight on the city’s spectacular Pacific coastline.