3 Days | Starting at $1,034
Enjoy a 3-day, 2-night Pacific coast tour from beautiful San Francisco to sunny Los Angeles.
• Single – $1,034
• Double – $1,606
• Triple – $2,178
• Child (Age 5 to 11 – sharing a room with one or more adults) – $462
Note: Your booking is being sent to our partnered tour operator. Once the availability for this trip is confirmed, you will receive additional email confirmation. If there is no availability for your request, you will receive a full refund.
• Narrated tour to Monterey
• Train to Paso Robles and Los Angeles
• Two nights’ hotel accommodation
• Fees for 17 Mile Drive
• Admission to Hearst Castle
• One breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner
Day 1 of your three-day adventure, you will travel 154 miles from San Francisco to Monterey. Hotel pick-up in San Francisco is available from 8:15 a.m., with the tour departing at 9:00 a.m. Your luxury motor coach will travel along the San Andreas Fault before turning west to head to Half Moon Bay and south on the legendary Pacific Coast Highway. You’ll follow the PCH to Santa Cruz, enjoying stunning coastal views for the duration of this leg of the journey.
After a short tour stop at Cannery Row and an optional visit to the local aquarium, the trip continues to Monterey, arriving at approximately 12:00 p.m. In Monterey, you will see the stunning seaside gardens of Pacific Grove and 17 Mile Drive, with a stop at scenic Pebble Beach. From there, you will continue into idyllic Carmel by the Sea, a beautiful coastal village with art galleries and cozy cottages tucked into the stunning scenery. The day concludes with your arrival at the Bay Park Hotel at around 5:30 p.m. Dinner at the hotel is included, free of additional charge.
Day 2 covers 98 miles from Monterey to Paso Robles, and it begins with breakfast at the Bay Park Hotel, which is also included in the price of your ticket. At 10:45 a.m., your prepaid taxi will arrive and take you to the Salinas Train Station, where you will board an Amtrak train for an 11:48 a.m. departure. Highlights of your train journey will include:
• Salinas Valley, the center of Monterey County’s agricultural region
• Stunning agricultural views
• King City’s miles upon miles of newly planted vineyards
• The oil fields and military installations of Camp Roberts
• Historic and beautiful Mission San Miguel
After reaching Paso Robles at 1:38 p.m., the Wine Wrangler tour company will lead an introductory tour of this fascinating town, including visits to local wineries and tasting rooms. You will be dropped off at the Paso Robles Inn at the conclusion of the wine tour.
Day 3, you will travel from Paso Robles to Hearst Castle, and on from there to Los Angeles for a total of 110 tour miles and 258 miles on the train. This day begins with the Wine Wrangler tour company leading you on a 45-minute road trip to breathtaking Hearst Castle, the former estate of infamous news baron William Randolph Hearst. You’ll enjoy an easy 150-step walking tour of the castle and grounds, including a picnic lunch and shopping.
After leaving Hearst Castle, you will continue on to San Luis Obispo, boarding the Coast Starlight at 3:20 p.m. During the final leg of your journey, you will see:
• Pismo Beach and Vandenberg Space Station
• Beautiful ocean views from Santa Barbara to Oxnard
• The orange groves of inland California
• Fillmore and Simi Valley
Your trip concludes with a 9:00 p.m. arrival at Union Station in Los Angeles, from which you can make your way to your final destination by taxi or Surfliner service.
• First, this is not a group tour. It is an independent trip offered by local sightseeing companies in cooperation with Amtrak. You will not be part of a group, and there is no guide with you, except during the tour portions of the excursion.
• Also, we recommend making your reservations as far in advance as possible. We require that you complete your booking at least three working days ahead of your planned departure date. Bookings are normally confirmed within two to five working days, but actual confirmation times may be longer if you book weeks or months in advance.
• Departures are offered on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
We offer sightseeing excursions and guided tours that highlight everything from LA’s most iconic sights to forgotten chapters of the city’s captivating past.
We also offer multilingual tours of Los Angeles attractions, excursions to movie studios and local theme parks, and beach tours that shine a spotlight on the city’s spectacular Pacific coastline.